G2 Console: Tactical Knowledge To Manage Your Business World
The G2 Console offers clients some of the most comprehensive management tools for the retail channel with 1) events detection, 2) reports highlighting industry trends, and 3) detailed channel analysis. These tools are:
1) MyScout – is PriceG2's proprietary search engine that is used by clients to track competitors products or your own products in the retail channel. Manage your retailers and competitors more closely by getting daily alerts when new products are offered for sale or when advertised products change price or availability.
2) Pricing Tables & Charts: Today/Week/Quarter/Year – The pricing tables and charts are a powerful tool to see exactly where competitors are pricing their products relative
to your own. Clients can select up to 6 suppliers to plot on this page at a time. Suppliers products may be selected by company name,
brand, and key product features.
3) Shelf – With one click, clients can see all of their industry’s products on the shelf at a retailer, organized by product category.
Use this page to see what competitors are selling directly against you at a retailer and what their product capabilities are.
Clients can also use this to verify their own products are made available by retailers.
4) Distribution Map – This tool functions as the inverse of the Shelf web page: the client selects just one supplier’s products and
the table then renders a map of all of the retailers that currently distribute that supplier’s products. The selection
can be made by supplier only, or by supplier/brand/key features. For example, if a client wanted to see if a competitor's
product line included the newest highest capacity products, this web page could find the answer in just a couple of
5) Stats – This section has 2 web pages that provide charts with a) the lowest $/GB products found as of today and
b) the market price erosion on major category products measured as the starting price from week 1 of the quarter to the
lowest price found as of today.
6) Calendar – There are many retail holidays throughout the calendar year. This page plots the major retailer holidays and includes
a calculator so clients can plot their day/week/month setback schedule activities required to prepare for a specific retailer holiday.
Click on a link above for a more detailed description.